|Answers to the Quiz|
- The celestial song is incorporated in the sacred scripture of Mahabharath and is a part of Bhishma Parva.
- Each chapter is called "Yoga".
- There are eighteen (18) chapters in the Geetha.
- There are 700 shlokas in the Bhagavad Geetha.
- 'Svadharma' is Atma dharma or related to the soul and 'Paradharma' is the dharma related to the body.
- Yoga means union with God, pathway to union with God as well.
- Bhakthi Yoga means the path of attaining union with the Lord through intense love of God with single minded and devotion and total surrender to the Lord.
- King Janaka is the exponent and practitioner of Karma Yoga.
- It is a bundle of thoughts and desires.
- Mind should be controlled because it is responsible for both man's bondage and liberation.
- The digestive fire by name Vaishvaanara digests the food that we eat.
- Jnaathum - knowing about God
Dhrashtum - seeing God face to face
Praveshtum - merging in God
- The Vibhuthi Yoga exemplifies how Divinity is immanent in the creation.
- The Vishvarupa Samdarshana Yoga projects the entire cosmos in the form of the Lord.
- The words spoken must be true, must be devoid of passion and should not hurt others even if it be true. ("Anudvega Karam Vaakyam")
- Bhagavad Geetha begins with the lines "Dharmakshetre Kurukshetre". Man when he is born, his heart is pure and is a Dharmakshethra. As he grows it becomes Kurukshethra, a battle ground. Kuru means to do. Hence, by being good and doing good, Kurukshethra can be transformed into Dharmakshethra.
- Hanuman on the flag staff, Sanjaya and Dhritharashtra.
- "Yada Yada hi dharmasya glanirbhavathi Bharathah
Abhyuthhana madharmasya tadatmanam srujamyaham
Parithraanaaya sadhunaam vinashayacha dushkruthaam
Dharma samsthapanaarthaaya sambhavaami yuge yuge
|"The Lord says" whenever there is a decline in the practice of Dharma and Adharma prevails I incarnate. I incarnate to protect the virtuous and punish the wicked." |